Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Now, Bad news!

It is amazing how one thing can upset the whole day isnt it? We got to work and one of the girls said she thought she heard on the radio that one of our teenagers was killed the night before. None of us had heard anything like that, so we were hoping that maybe she misheard the name of the city. Turns out she did hear the right thing. One of our Senior class boys was killed Tuesday nite. I guess they were on their was back from a basketball game, and stopped at an off ramp to use the bathroom. Some how, the boy, named Andrew, didnt make it back in the car, and a car I guess came up behind and ran him over.

The whole town (since I live in a small town) is just upside down. The house that we bought, we bought from his grandpa, but we did the negoitations with his mom and dad. I absolutely love his mom!! Her name is Brenda, and she is just the sweetest thing. I remember when Mikaela was in the Sweet Six contest, she was up there adding money to Mikaela's box in hopes of helping her win...and she was wonderful with the news of Carli. And then when we found out we were expecting Mackenzie, she was supportive again.

My heart just breaks for her and her family. I think this is the first person that I know in my real life that has lost a child since I lost Carli. And it just makes you hurt all over again. Well, I guess the hurt was always there, but it brings it right back to the front burner.

So, if you could say an extra prayer for Brenda and her family, it would be appreciated. Andrew has an older brother, and a twin brother. His twin, Ryan, got hurt jumping out of the car to get to Andrew, and is in the hospital with a tear in his lung. So, it just keeps going. I know Brenda is being the rock right now, but I worry about her when she needs the rock!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home