Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

36w1d appt

went pretty good i thought!! he asked how i was doing...i told him that I AM DONE!! I told him about the waking up in a rush to the bathroom to throw up because of the horrid reflux....told him if it wasnt that, it was that I couldnt get comfy!! I have gained a total of 16 lbs this pregnancy. Blood pressure was good. told him about my pitting edema, he wasnt worried since my bp has been good. just told me to try to kick back and relax if possible.

as for the wonder blood issues, he said that i have developed ANOTHER antibody. so now i have a duffy antibody, and a CW antibody. makes for some interesting fun with me!! my regular dr said that he has talked to my maternal-fetal dr, along with 3 or 4 other maternal-fetal drs. they all believe that i should have no problems with delivering here at our small hospital. he said that we will draw blood, then have it sent to the bigger hospital to have it typed and crossed and ready to go for my c-section. he said that the antibody titre showed both antibodies at 2, which is good news. neither is too high!! that is great!! he said they will more than likely just go ahead and give me the blood after my c-section, just in case, so that I dont have to worry about developing another antibody. the only main concern could be that with mackenzie, she could have some issues with jaundice, but that they will be checking her bilirubin more than most babies, and they will do some other blood test on her too. dr said that if there shows any signs of ANY problems with either Mackenzie or I, he will not hesitate to ship us out to one of the bigger hospitals...which i think shows that he is a good dr!!

so, as of now, we will be delivering more than likely EARLY morning March 14th!! He does after all have to make it to the Big 12 tourney in KC...or so he says!!! I have another appt next monday, then i will have to go have blood drawn thursday...then we will be having Mackenzie friday!! oh, and he had some more blood drawn today to check on my hemoglobin. the nurse called me this afternoon, said the good news was that my iron levels didnt drop, but that they didnt rise much either...so now i am having to take my iron TWICE daily!! i told her i was doing good to make sure to take it the one time...she just said take it morning and evening. so i will take it at work, and i think i will put my bottle that i have at home down by my heartburn meds...to remind me!!!

2 comments:

I hope Mackenzie comes on the 10th--it's my birthday and a GREAT day!!! :-)

March 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Im glad all is looking good. After reading your post Im so happy Im booked in for a c section at 36 weeks!
Im going to take shares in the heartburn meds. I have trouble breathing without getting it! :)

Hugs
xxx
www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com

March 5, 2008 at 12:14 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home