Blogger Template by Blogcrowds




We went out to the cemetary last nite to take down some of the memorial flowers. I cant wait for Carli's bench to get out there. That way I can arrange the stuff we want out there around it. As crazy as it sounds, I am excited to see what her bench looks like. I know it is going to be a beautiful marker for such a beautiful little girl. Susie (my MIL) went out 2 weeks ago and planted some butterfly plants, and a bush. The bush she planted between my grandma and Carli. I am hoping it will look ok there. The bush has really started growing..I am pretty excited for that too!! Now if we could just get the ones planted here at the house!




We were at Mikaela's softball game on Tuesday nite, and Keaton was playing with a couple of little toddlers. As he was playing with one of them, he told their Aunt, "I have a baby sister. I play with her like this." The lady just kinda looked around and didnt see a baby with me or my mom. Mom heard Keaton say that, and went over and explained to her where Keaton's baby sister was. It is weird how their little minds think. On Sunday nite Keaton made a comment about his baby sister needing shots...I was thinking..where did that come from?? Then is dawned on me that Emma, our dog, had just gotten some shots! I am so glad that he remembers Carli, and I hope that he never forgets. I dont think it will be possible for him to forget, since we have our curio cabinet that has a big 8x10 picture of Carli in it along with all the statues/trinkets that we have recieved for her.




I was wandering around last nite looking at some memorial sites on the good old internet and came across a place called Portraits by Dana...I think that is where Kate had some pictures done of her boys. I absolutely love how Alex and Travis' pictures look. I think I have one of Carli that I would like to have her do. I just wish that in the picture of I have of her that I want done, that she didnt have her little hat on. It is quite pricey, but I think it would be worth it to have a big one, and then one of the smaller ones that I can have at work along with my picture of her with her eyes open. I just need to see what Casey thinks of it.




When we were out at the cemetary driving thru on Tuesday nite, I saw a nite lite, or I guess the appropiate word is solar lamp, that I really like! One of my other friends here in town, that was due about the same time as me, had her little boy at 20 weeks, stillborn. This really pretty solar lamp in the shape of an Angel was out at his site, and it was SO bright. I love it!! I sent her a message asking her if she cared if I got one for Carli's site too. See above pic! I am sure hoping she wont mind. I found one on ebay that is about $10 cheaper than anywhere else I have seen!!

2 comments:

Dana can add/delete things from her sketches for you. Just tell her what you want and she'll talk you through the process (what she needs, etc.).

Keaton will remember. He probably won't remember all the details, but he will remember Carli's spirit...and he will carry her in his heart for the rest of his life.

June 7, 2007 at 12:11 PM  

Oh...and hold off for a few days on ordering that portrait, ok?

Don't ask questions. :o)

June 7, 2007 at 2:35 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home